Sunday, February 10, 2008

Kinners turns 2!


I can hardly believe that my little baby is turning two!
I wanted to do a top 10 list... inspired by Dari....
These are my 10 favorite things about McKinley...
1. She is my favorite girl named McKinley;)
I love her name and it just fits her!
2. I love that her first animal sound she ever made is that of a GOAT....
yes, I know... a Goat! She was about six months old when you could ask
her what a goat said and she would grunt in return!
3. I love how she gives loves to anyone! You want a good love?
Get a McKinley love.... they are the best!
4. I love how girly my lil' gal is.... From a very young age she has
loved Pretties....(beads, nail polish, more beads...)
5. I love that she is a Daddy's Girl! I know I have said it before....
and I'll say it again.... She's got her Daddy whooped!
(and tightly wound around her pinky!)
6. I love her imagination... I love that I can play "dolly's" with her
and that I have to play it her way!
7. I love that at only two years old she has a spiritual knowledge...
I love to hear her talk about Jesus, and the late Pres. Hinckley....
I also love it when she prays! (soooooo cute!)
8. I love that she loves her family! Not just me and Nathan....
but the WHOLE family! She loves to go to Nannie and PaPa's
to play with all the kids and she also loves to go to her
Grandpa and Grandma's to be the center of attention!
9. I love that she is my little BFF! I can't imagine my life without her!
She is my shopping buddy, my shining example and my little person
who loves and counts on me 100%!
10. I love that she is who she is! I know that sometimes she
is a little... no A LOT high maitenence... but I seriously wouldn't want
'maintain' anyone but her!
One year ago I had an experience that changed the way I looked at my life. When McKinley was hospitalized, I thought no big deal... She'll get better and we'll go home! Then, when things turned for the worse and she stopped breathing I stood in shock at how fast the most important things in your life could be gone! I watched for what seemed like an eternity as the nurses performed CPR on her.... all I could think was if I had been a good enough Mommy to her... When I heard her take a breath I fell down and thanked my Heavenly Father for another opportunity to be with her! From then on I was, am, and will always be grateful for McKinley... even on her not so good days;)
Soooo, I'm sorry for that.... but her birthday will always be a reminder to us of how blessed we are (she spent her 1st birthday comming home from Primary Children's Hopital). We are very blessed to have her, and to have a great knowledge of our gospel plan!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MCKINLEY! WE LOVE YOU!

9 comments:

Superflymama said...

Oh My Gosh! So cute! This post brought tears to my eyes. I love it. Happy Birthday Kinners, we love you! We are so glad to have you in our family, especially cuz syd loves you so much. You are a great friend for her.

For Every Occasion said...

I can't believe that you have a 2 year old! Happy Birthday McKinley - you little cutie!

jennie said...

um...not fair! you made me cry! I heart that Kinley Judd! she's the cutest dang Kinners I know! plus, she's the one that started calling me Jen Jen! (and one of the few that are allowed to call me jen jen!) I can hardly believe that 2 years ago today, I was sitting in a hospital room just waiting to meet my newest niece! YAY Kinners! I Love you Baby!

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday, Miss McKinley Judd!
I can wait to come and get my love from you!
I, too, will never forget, and possibly never forgive, the very early mornong phone call. Aaron hung up (this is the never forgive part) and when asked what was going on, he said "McKinley died." "WHAT???" Well, she's ok now." No where near what you went through, however, very rude of my husband to say that to a person not fully awake.....well, on to happier subjects...
Love that Kinner girl!

Jill said...

OK you big jerk... I am cryin' too.
What would the world be like with out Kinners...? Not right!
She is a doll and we love her!
Happy Birthday Kinners!

David and Janalee said...

Wow! Some Aunt I am! I too remember that awful day and am so happy that she is still here with us and that we all get a second chance with her. Besides, with out Kinners, Maya would not have a sidekick and that is just not right!

Happy Birthday baby girl! The cali crew loves you to pieces!

Colt 'n Tami said...

That is the sweeeeeeeetest thing i've ever heard Mare! U are an awsome mama... kinners is a peach, we are so blessed to be her aunt and uncie! Thanks for last night, i still can't get over that masterpiece cake.... Fabulous!!!

jennie said...

okay...so last night I went home and I actually got to see kinners... it made me realize how much I miss that lil' gal! how 'bout you and nath go out on saturday, and let me babysit?! i wanna read the big hungry bear with her! I'm crying cause I miss McKinley! :-(

Colt 'n Tami said...

Hey mare!!!! Heard it was a blast, i'm so glad! I am jelious of the hot weather, we could have been hott babes at the pool together!! hahaha. I'm cravin some sun, these legs need some... ok, ALOT! Tell kinners "miss ya, see ya, love ya" from us ( mostly me cuz colt got to be with her all weekend) hehehe