Monday, January 19, 2009

our new lil' man!



Meet the newest addition to the Judd family...
Luke Nathan Judd
Luke made his way to us via c-section
on January 8, 2009 at 7:53 am
He weighed in at an impressive 9 lbs 10 oz
and 20 in long... He's our lil' BIG boy!

Despite his size he had a rough start to his life...

He was in NICU for 2 1/2 of the LONGEST days of my life!

He had a hard time breathing so they put a 'c-pap' on him

and filled his lungs with cerfactin to help him out... so this is how

he looked the first couple of days. So SAD.... but we are thankful for

today's medical world that helped him on his way!

We finally got to go home... but the next day he had

to go under Bili-Lights because his bilirubin was too high.

Lets just say it is not that easy to lay your new baby
NAKED under lights for 24 hrs a day only coming out
to eat and be changed!


all masked up... He had to wear these snazzy goggles

to protect his eyes.


It was kinda like a mini tanning bed!


McKinley and Luke

It has been a fun adjustment to have 2 kids!

Kinley is a great Little Mommy... a little too Great!

She is in love with Luke and already says they are

Best Friends! We are so excited to have Luke in our

lil' family... he is the perfect fit into our clan!

14 comments:

Shelly said...

He's SO CUTE!! It will be nice for you guys when he gets through all his stuff. Congrats! Can't wait to hold him. Start telling Miss McKinley now that Aunt Shelly is coming (I hope) the end of March and she will be holding Baby Luke.

David and Janalee said...

So so so cute!
Loved skypeing with you on Sunday, but it just makes it even harder not to jump in a car and cross that horrid state of NV! Gotta get me a Luke fix soon!
Hugs to the cute lil fam of four,
Janalee

Astrid said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He's a big cutie! I LOVE the picture of McKinley with him, it is so adorable!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! What a cutie! I am very happy for you:)

Jill said...

Oh, he is so cute!! I can sympathize with you on the bili-bed lights. Both my girls had to go through that. It's pure torture for the mommy!! I hope you're feeling well, you look great!

Colby and Hilary said...

I have been waiting for this post!!! Congrats Marilee, I am so excited for you and your little family!!

Jill said...

We heart baby Luke! Parker is thinking a baby brother would be sweet. I keep reminding him that he already has one and now, he would like to trade Luke for Teej... Sound fair?!?
He is darling!

Jannifer said...

Congrats on the arrival of Luke! He is adorable. Good to hear things are going well.

jennie said...

I love baby Luke! I cant wait to teach him awesome things, like what Daddy says, and what Mommy says, and what a goat says... LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Superflymama said...

Baby Luke is so stinkin cute. He has the most perfect little face. I'm glad to hear he is doing better. Those bili lights are so awful. I hope your feeling better. Congrats on your sweet baby.

Angie said...

Congrats! What a cute little babe! I need to come and see him SOON!!

Unknown said...

Luke is adorable!
Hooray for the Family of Four!
Love you guys!
haley

Brooke said...

He is so cute! Hey its Brooke Moon from PHS I found your blog while blog surfing in the wee hours of the morning! Congrats! You have such a cute family.

Colt 'n Tami said...

LOVE your little man! He's soooooooooo precious! CONGRATS! CHEERS to a fun weekend, it was short and soooooooo sweet hangin out with you guys! LOVE all the fun pics!!!! Cute Cute kiddo!